Fundraiser - Racing Leadville 100 with Team World Bicycle Relief



I love bikes and I love riding them. Cycling completely changed my life and made it much more interesting. Cycling gives me the freedom to embark on new adventures, discovering new places and conquering new challenges. So, when this year I decided to go back to where it all started for me, mountain biking, and tackle one of the toughest one day mountain biking races in the world, Leadville 100, I couldn't possibly think of a better way to do it and a better team to do it with.  

I am supporting World Bicycle Relief, an organization providing access to independence and livelihood through The Power of Bicycles, with a personal fundraiser (Team World Bicycle Relief - Sharon Shachar). The money raised through my fundraiser helps to provide specially designed, locally assembled bicycles to students, healthcare workers and entrepreneurs in rural Africa; connecting them with education, healthcare and economic opportunities.


While for me cycling is about life changing experiences of personal growth and adventures. World Bicycle Relief helps change lives of those in need by providing them means of transportation to accomplish their daily tasks of getting to work, getting to school and helping healthcare providers get to more people.  

World Bicycle Relief is currently working to provide 50,000 bicycles to students (70% girls), teachers and educational workers in rural Zambia and Zimbabwe. For many of us a bicycle is a weekend pastime or a fun activity, but for those getting the Buffalo bikes from World Bicycle Relief it is the DIFFERENCE between being able to get to work/school/see a doctor or not.

Here is what the power of the bike can do



Every dollar counts and can help make a difference.

For $25 we can help with a wheelset.

For $50 we can help with a mechanic's toolkit

For $147 we can provide a World Bicycle Relief bicycle.

Please consider making a donation using the link below or better yet, if you live in Chicago area come join me in person on June 10th at BFF bike shop for my WBR fundraiser. A separate invitation to follow.

Team World Bicycle Relief - Sharon Shachar



Thank you for the support and like always thank you for reading




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing Breck Epic Shit - Breck Epic 2018 - Act I

Doing Breck Epic Shit - Breck Epic 2018 - Act II

Samarathon 2018 - Winter #epicshit in the Israeli Desert. Part II