3 Weeks to IM Choo



I have 3 weeks until Ironman Chattanooga. This is when I usually reflect on my season and do an evaluation of where I am fitness wise to come up with a race plan and a pacing strategy. However, this year, in the last few weeks I have been struggling. Struggling with my training, struggling to get into the right mindset, to stay focused and to find motivation to train. This past week was especially bad, and on Sunday I reached my breaking point. I was ready to throw in the towel and cancel my hotel reservation and not even give it a try. While I managed to do the run workout I was supposed to, I could not find the motivation to go for a ride. I was feeling sick to my stomach from stress. I still am a little bit.

I do not feel as fit as I want to be at this stage, I am not as confident about my training and work and life have been very stressful on top of everything. Unlike the previous years, I am letting this lack of confidence paralyze me and impact my focus and even worse my motivation. Yes, it is normal to have pre-race anxiety, but this time its different.      

So, when I read the blog post below, written by TriMarni, it hit me exactly where it should. 

If you want to conquer yourself and reach your goals, you have to believe in yourself. 
 It’s human nature to enjoy doing things that...

I decided to stand up and fight. I decided that I will use the next 3 weeks to conquer myself and to believe again. To put the last week behind me and to make the most of my training to come.  Leave the past behind. Yes I have made some mistakes this season that I am sure I will learn from, but I need to stop thinking about them and the past. I must focus on the weeks to come. I must reach in and find my self confidence. I must believe. No, I BELIEVE!!!



After all, I always say (but I managed to forget) Go big or go home. I am not ready to go home.

Race Day Outfit? 


Ironman Chattanooga see you in a few weeks!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samarathon 2018 - Winter #epicshit in the Israeli Desert. Part II

Doing Breck Epic Shit - Breck Epic 2018 - Act I

Doing Breck Epic Shit - Breck Epic 2018 - Act II